Friday, April 7, 2017

The Future of Fake News

How is fake news affecting people today? How will fake news affect people in the future?
Fake news is messing around with people’s minds. They make people believe one thing but see something else totally different. In my opinion I don’t think fake news will change in the future, but I do think people will be more aware.

After I did some research I found an article that Facebook’s news leader, Adam Mosseri on The Verge saying Facebook is now going to pay fact-checking organizations to spot and take away fake news articles that are advertised on people’s news feeds. I thought this was very interesting because at first I did not think fake news was going to change in the future at all.

Going further down in this article I found that Facebook is already partners with organizations that do check fake news articles like “Snopes” and “Politifacts”. But they do not know if they are actually paying them yet.

Fake news has dramatically gone up since this last presidential election and it’s nice to see that Facebook is one step ahead in trying to make a change for the future of fake news

3 comments:

  1. nice blog post. I do agree with you that people will start to become more aware of fake news but I do not think it will go away, completely. For someone who has a Facebook account, I see a lot of news articles that are hard to determine if they are fake or not so i am very pleased with the fact that Facebook is going to combine with organizations to help prevent fake news posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice blog post. I do agree with you that people will start to become more aware of fake news but I do not think it will go away, completely. For someone who has a Facebook account, I see a lot of news articles that are hard to determine if they are fake or not so i am very pleased with the fact that Facebook is going to combine with organizations to help prevent fake news posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The amount that people are affected by fake news is pretty insane. So many people fall for it and start spreading it around even more. That's a pretty awesome article I didn't get that much detailed information about Facebook working with other companies to help stop fake news when I was writing my blog post, thanks for the share.

    ReplyDelete